Monday, October 1, 2007

Volunteer Exhausted After Monthly Call-In

This month’s monthly call-in really “took it out of” Kristina Ribeiro, a 28 year old environmental volunteer from Walla Walla, Washington. “Never mind all the prep work, setting the reminder in my phone, making sure I have an appropriate outfit picked out, and so on. The call alone left me winded, ya know?”

Asked to elaborate, Kristina gave an exasperated sigh and said, “well I looked up Mary’s number on the laminated card, that has like 50 different numbers on it, then dialed the hundred or so digits, and that’s just the beginning. Of course Mary wants to know how things are going at site, and its like, come on…, ya know? So finally, just when I think this nightmare is over, she innocently says, “Oh, I think Manny wants to talk to you about a package you received, do you want me to transfer you?” Like I’m even a little bit prepared for that conversation, jeez.”

Mrs. Ribeiro took the rest of the day off after the 3 minute and 45 second phone call.

No comments: