Friday, October 5, 2007

Swiss Alps is the 9th Wonder of the World, Sweden Declares

In a move that can only be called pointless the government of Sweden has declared the Swiss Alps to be the 9th wonder of the world. The announcement was made by Brontius Jorgennson, head of the Environmental Protection Agency of Sweden, or the Aarchtinson Ralin Agency as it is referred to as in Swiss.

During the 28 minute speech Mr. Jorgennson stated that the agency chose the 9th as opposed to the customary 8th as he felt “it would be less contested.” Going on to remark, “I’d be lying if I said there have been a lot of late nights and heated discussion about this. It really just came to me while I was sharpening a pencil. Then I called this press conference. I was just sorta curious if anyone would show up. I mean sometimes I wonder if anyone outside Europe has even heard of the Aarchtinson Ralin Agency. Anyway, you guys came.”

Brontius was later heard remarking to a colleague that he hopes the world press will come again if he has another announcement, and that he fears he will be the “boy who cried wolf of press conferences.”

No comments: