Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Volunteer Extending for Back-up Regional Manager Emails

Edward C. Billiams isn't going home for a while. Why? Simply because there is always someone behind someone who is there. He likes that security, digressing, "sometimes its Kate Kochesburger, sometimes its Lani, sometimes its Lynn Vista, it doesn't really matter, all that matters is that its always someone, always someone."

What gives Edward this sense of security? Emails. A constant, never-ending, unrelenting stream of electronic mail. "I don't ever write it down, but I always make a mental note who the week's BRM is, and having that mental note, cuts my tylenol pm intake down 20 to 25% I'd say."

Continuing, "you know, I was sorta on the fence about extending, but the other day it just hit me. I guess you could call it an epiphany moment, I won't because I'm not that pompous, but if you want to, sure, do it. When else am I gonna be in a work environment with this kind of attention to back-ups? The truth is I don't know as I've never really been in another work environment, but I'm not about to take my chances."

Mr. Billiams is a fan of backups in all walks of life, having loved how the pitcher would back-up the catcher on throws from the outfield during little league. What grace he would think, while occasionally neglecting his duty as third-baseman to cover his bag.

No comments: